Nevada Physical Therapy Salary
In February of 2010, the state of Nevada was home to only 1,280 physical therapists, which is small compared to the total state population. The BLS, however predicts that job opportunities will grow by approximately 30 percent throughout the next several years. Therefore, based on these statistics – the state of Nevada could experience a growth of about 380 new PT jobs, which would be open to the state's recent graduates.
In terms of salary, for a physical therapist living in Nevada – it depends on several different factors. The PT salary in Nevada is based on a number of different things including:
- Where a PT works – the type of business/setting (Is it in the medical field, sports-related private practice , general practice, etc.?)
- The location of employment –different cities in Nevada have varying pay scales, as you'll see in the chart, below.
- The PTs level of education – The higher the level of education, the higher the salary.
- The PTs title – Traveling physical therapists earn higher incomes than a general practice PT wold make in Nevada.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, physical therapists in Nevada earn around $41 per hour, which makes average annual salary for PTs in Nevada, approximately $85,360 per year. The field of physical therapy in Nevada can be particularly promising to those who choose to make physical therapy, their lifelong career choice. According to the BLS, some of the highest paid PTs in the state of Nevada reportedly, earn more than $134,000 per year, which is approximately 36 percent higher than the statewide average. These impressive salary facts alone, make a career in physical therapy in the Silver State – a promising option for Nevada residents (and those who have recently moved to the state).
Nevada PT Salary: By Location
A Physical Therapist's location within the state can affect the salary amount, as well. The chart below is an example of this:
- Las Vegas $87,000
- Reno $84,000
- Paradise $86,100
- Sparks $84,000
- (Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Nevada PT Salary: By Job Title
- A Travel Physical Therapy Assistant (TPTA) in Nevada can earn an average of $78,000 per year.
- A Travel Physical Therapist (TPT) in Nevada can make an annual salary of $80,000 to $100,000 or more per year.
- A Physical Therapist Inpatient (PTI) can earn approximately $69,000 in the state of Nevada.
- A Physical Therapist PRN in the state of Nevada can earn an impressive salary average of $262,000.
- A Physical Therapist that works with children (PPT) can earn roughly $70,000 in the state of Nevada.
- A Physical Therapist who teaches Physical Therapy in Nevada earns approximately $56,000.
- A PT who works in the healthcare field in Nevada makes around $77,000 annually.
While the salary can differ according to many different variants, one fact remains the same:
Physical therapy can be a profitable career, so if you are great a handling challenges, love to help others and are interested in medical sciences (particularly to use as a healing therapy), then a career as a Licensed Physical Therapist (LPT) might be right for you.